46°
Mansfield Lake Ridge High School's Eagle Media Website

Eagle Media

Eagle Media

Eagle Media

All content by Ciara Hendricks
The Eagle Elites have been preparing for this show all year along with other performing groups at Lake Ridge.

“Against The Odds”

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
May 3, 2021

On May first, Lake Ridge will hold the 9th Annual Spring Show in the High School Gym. Ticket prices are $5 and are being sold in the dance classroom all week. Every year, Amie Harris, Dance and Drill Team...

With Prom just around the corner, the committee and senior class sponsors are working hard to ensure a successful, safe prom.

Sweet Dreams Aren’t Made of Dancing

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
May 2, 2021

The 2021 senior prom is made of soft clouds, sweet dreams, and… a casino night? What once was a senior dance to be held at the Ross Perot Museum with dancing and dinosaurs, is now a game-night-style...

Teens Voting in Local Elections

Teens Voting in Local Elections

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
April 30, 2021

Saturday, May 1st will be the last day of voting in the Mansfield City Council elections as well as be the day of Texas's 6th Congressional District Special Election. While fewer people vote in smaller...

Mamamoo, one of the many artists who were affected by Spotify and Kakao Entertainments dispute, had many of there songs taken off of Spotify this past month.

Battle For The Bands: Spotify Versus Kakao Entertainment

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
March 22, 2021

On March 1st, Kakao Entertainment and Spotify faced criticism from many K-pop fans after they came to a seemingly sudden conclusion to remove the songs of over 60 artists under Kakao Entertainment’s...

Businesses such as Kroger experienced a food shortage, affecting many, due to the snow storm.

Food Shortage Among Mansfield Blackouts

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
March 1, 2021

What many thought was going to be a relaxing 3-day weekend with a possibility of snow, turned into over a week-long of state-wide outages that affected the majority of Mansfield. There were unpredictable...

Audiences have struggled with how some film makers arent using minority actors to fill minority roles.

Minority Representation in Media

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
January 28, 2021

Major animation companies such as Disney and Pixar have a huge influence on the lives of young and impressionable children. Pixar’s most recent animation, Soul, has been popular with many people. While...

Woman feel a deep-rooted fear for their safety in a male dominated society.

The Reality of Women’s Safety in Today’s Society

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
January 15, 2021

Women's activist Elizebeth Cady Stanton once said, “the best protection any woman can have is courage.” Courage is a necessity when up to 76% of women are targeted for physical and/or sexual violence...

Out With the Old, In With the New

Out With the Old, In With the New

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
December 10, 2020

Sleigh bells are ringing, finals are singing, and a great deal of people are ready to leave 2020 behind. Goals set for 2020 most likely did not play out as expected for the majority of people, but as the...

Senior, Laura Yon, is sure to leave an impact on Lake Ridge.

Laura Yon: A Look Inside the Legend

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
November 13, 2020

She is a legend at Lake Ridge. She is well known for her ability to balance the excessive school work of a top student and the social life of an average high schooler with an easy smile. It’s hard to...

Voting is a way for American citizens to ensure their voice is heard on a local and national level.

Every Vote Counts

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
November 2, 2020

The long drawn out lines, the many many yard signs, and numerous commercials and ads sporting red, white and blue. It’s voting season. 2020 is the year of change, both good and bad, but one thing that...

With the ongoing pandemic, the library is being forced to adjust to the times.

Check Out the new Library Safety Precautions

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
September 16, 2020

At the front of Lake Ridge is a room filled with books; rows upon rows of pages bundled together to tell a story. Students were once seen loitering around the tables, laptops opened and keyboards clicking....

The Winter Break for Different Religions

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
December 12, 2019

The winter break is coming up, and many people with be celebrating a holiday or spending time with their family and friends. Families of different religions will have their own ways to spend the long break,...

Family and Football

Family and Football

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
November 21, 2019

Thanksgiving is a time associated with family, turkey and…football?! Many families use sports as a way to bond during family gatherings, by watching it or even playing a pick up game in the backyard....

A few MISD students were fortunate enough to perform with Chenoweth at her concert.

The Kristin Chenoweth Experience

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
November 8, 2019

It was widely anticipated, and many people were holding their breath for it. Kristin Chenoweth, the Tony Award winning actress, has come to Mansfield and performed at the Mansfield Performing Arts Center...

Creating your own Halloween costume can be both cheaper and better for the environment.

5 Reasons Why You Should DIY Your Halloween Costume

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
November 4, 2019

Halloween is here, which means that many people in America are looking for the perfect costume. There is some debate on whether or not to buy a pre-made, store-bought polyester suit, or make and put together...

Kids born within Generation Z are characterized as technology addicted.

Bullying Isn’t Dead

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
October 23, 2019

Lake Ridge is a part of the new generation. New phones, new laptops, and new bullying. Students nowadays are being bullied in ways that aren’t clear firsthand. It’s one thing to be bullied at school,...

All Eyes on the School Zone

All Eyes on the School Zone

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
October 3, 2019

On September 6th, a Lake Ridge student was hit by a Lake Ridge student driver. Many factors come into play as to the cause of the accident. One such factor includes the school zone. Due to the original...

Photo Credit: Bethany Boyer

It’s Game Time: Lake Ridge Border Brawl

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
September 6, 2019

Spirit weeks, clap outs, and pep rallies can can only mean one thing: it's game time, but not just any game, Border Brawl. For the first Football game of the season, Newsome Stadium will be filled with...

After a few missteps in his past Super Senior Zach Fuller will finally graduate. However he will not be leaving the district.

Super-Senior Zach: Who is he now?

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
May 10, 2019

He is obviously a senior, very familiar and friendly to the teachers, occasionally wears a black cap. You may have seen him around or at the very least heard of some of the trouble he caused in the past....

Students in Uganda partnered with Lake Ridge AVID students to exchange letters.

Dear Uganda,

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
March 25, 2019

In a small, sunlit school in Northern Uganda, boys and girls gather to stare through the windows of the small classroom at the lucky few that have a pen pal. They crane their necks, attempting to read...

Photo Credit: Bryant Daniels

Half a Hanukkah

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
December 6, 2018

The menorah is lit each night and dreidels spun by the children are falling off the tables and to the floor. Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday celebrating the burning of the candle for eight days straight....

Photo Credit: First United Methodist Mansfield

Giving Someone a Reason to be Thankful

Ciara Hendricks, ENN Staff
November 7, 2018

There is no better time to sit at a kitchen table sharing what you are thankful for, than Thanksgiving. But for the First United Methodist Student Ministries staff, Thanksgiving is filled with volunteering....

Students pose showing the variety of the student body.

[Photo] The Brain, Athlete, Princess, Basket Case: Which Stereotype Are You?

Margo Eugenio, Editor-In-Chief
October 19, 2018

Photo Credit: Ciara Hendricks

Lieutenant Colonel Berry Joins the Eagle Battalion

Ciara Hendricks, ENN staff
October 4, 2018

Retired Lieutenant Colonel Aricai Berry, is back in service. Berry, JROTC's newest Senior Army Instructor, served 22 years in the military, but is now ready for a service of a different kind. Although...

The Maker Space hopes to encourage students creativity outside the classroom.

[Photo] ‘Making Space’ for more Creativity

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
September 19, 2018

The Maker Space hopes to encourage student's creativity outside the classroom.

Kristi Canon teaching her Yearbook class, is excited to be at Lake Ridge.

[Photo] Kristi Canon: Triangulating Texas

Conor Thompson, ENN Staff
August 24, 2018

Load More Stories