58°
Mansfield Lake Ridge High School's Eagle Media Website

Eagle Media

Eagle Media

Eagle Media

Ethan Vu

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff

All content by Ethan Vu
Surprise!

Surprise!

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
December 12, 2019

With the Christmas trees going up, the wreaths being put out, and the stores packed with holiday sales and discounts, many people know this time to be a season of giving rather than receiving. As the school...

Giving Thanks in More Than One Way

Giving Thanks in More Than One Way

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
November 21, 2019

As the autumn leaves fall and Halloween decorations are taken down, many seasonal foods such as turkey, pumpkin pie, and stuffing are starting to stock the shelves more often throughout local grocery stores...

Serving Those Who Have Served

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
November 8, 2019

Everyday the announcements at Lake Ridge come on proclaiming the Pledge of Allegiance and the Texas State Pledge. Although many students simply recite this pledge as second nature and without passion,...

The DFW area is home to a number of places that have a haunted history.

Is There a BOO Near You?

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
October 29, 2019

As the "spooky season" approaches, many people are starting to stock up on candy and preparing their costumes for this ghostly holiday. As this season is known for its ghosts and ghouls, there are a few...

Teachers are able to pass along the lessons they learned growing up on how to deal with bullies.

Teachers’ Lessons from Childhood Bullying

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
October 15, 2019

The month of October is known for the season of fall, Halloween, and pumpkin-based food being sold in various restaurants and stores. But being wrapped up in it all, people tend to forget that October...

Learning About the Language Lover

Learning About the Language Lover

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
October 7, 2019

¡Buenos días! 여보세요! क्या हाल है? This is how you say 'Good morning!' 'Hello!' and 'How are you?' in Spanish, Korean, and Punjabi. These are also just a few of the languages...

Danger Ahead?

Danger Ahead?

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
September 18, 2019

It’s a hot Texas afternoon and students are winding down their day and getting ready to head home. Unfortunately on this Friday afternoon, the unexpected occurred as a 14-year-old freshman was injured...

Caught in a Sticky Situation

Caught in a Sticky Situation

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
August 29, 2019

Swinging from building to building, he makes his way through the streets of New York City. That’s all until he gets distracted by his girlfriend, MJ, and hilariously crashes right into a street sign....

After a few missteps in his past Super Senior Zach Fuller will finally graduate. However he will not be leaving the district.

[Photo] Super-Senior Zach: Who is he now?

May 10, 2019

After a few missteps in his past 'Super Senior' Zach Fuller will finally graduate. However he will not be leaving the district.

Members of the Lake Ridge Key Club participated in DCON in Dallas.

Move Aside, Top 25!

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
May 10, 2019

Giving back to the community, donating their time and efforts to help others, and being paid with the smiles of those who they have helped. Key Club does this for the opportunity of serving and giving...

Watch and Whisper

Watch and Whisper

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
April 26, 2019

With the click of a button, a video opens with a woman sitting behind plates of sushi. During the span of the twenty minute video, the woman eats the sushi with viewers watching as she makes the obnoxiously,...

The Party-Stickler, The Forgotten Child, and The Spoiled Brat

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
April 17, 2019

From the constant tattle-tailing, food fights, and threats such as “snitches get stitches,” siblings are the one inevitable thing that no one can escape. Often times, many disputes such as “She’s...

Sophomore actor Carlwell Redmon shows off his latest theatre award.

Lights, Camera, Action!

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
March 28, 2019

With the roaring applause from the crowd, the lights start to turn on as the curtains are pulled aside, revealing a cast eager to show off their talents. One by one the cast starts to file off the stage,...

Courtesy of Google Images

Asking a Life-Changing Question

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
February 13, 2019

As the bachelor suddenly prepares himself for what’s about to come, he airs out his shirt and pulls on their collar throughout the day. That one little box in his front pocket that will change his life...

Courtesy of Google Images

From a Baby to Business

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
February 1, 2019

Throughout the process of maturing, everyone goes through the stages of growth which includes their childhood, adulthood, and their elderly life. During each stage of life, the individual can be seen going...

College pamphlets displaying the many options students have

4.0 or No. 4?

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
January 23, 2019

At Lake Ridge, the day most seniors anticipate is graduation. On this day, classmates, teachers, and parents see the students get recognized in areas such as GPA and who worked relentlessly for that number...

Photo Credit: Lilly Dunn

Deck the Halls: Lights, Decorations, and more!

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
December 14, 2018

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year” so it’s time to dust off the old boxes and get out those familiar multi-colored lights that light the faces of homes and businesses throughout the duration...

Photo Credit: Lilly Dunn

Social Media Just Unfollowed You

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
December 6, 2018

From the second a tweet, share, or post is pushed, tens of thousands of notifications appear. Either through likes, comments, or views, social media is prevalent in almost everyone’s lives. Although...

Ted Cruz on the campaign trail.

Opinion: Vote Cruz!

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
November 6, 2018

Republican Ted Cruz once stated, “The power of the American people, when we rise up and stand for liberty, knows no bounds.” On November 6, 2018 voters will have two choices whether to vote the moving...

Team Pink

Team Pink

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
October 19, 2018

It’s time to gather the face paint, ribbons, and t-shirts because it’s the month of October. Although October is known for Halloween, Lake Ridge Eagles know it as 'Pink Out' season. During this month,...

Photo by Zach Zimmerman

Game, Set, Match!

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
October 11, 2018

The Lake Ridge Tennis program has been around since the school opened in 2012 and now that the school has moved from 5A to 6A, the team is now faced with new opponents to battle. Although their foes have...

A teen immersed in the world of video games.

Gaming: Addiction or Attraction?

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
September 27, 2018

A tiny screen lights up as soon as the power button is pressed. Then, the typing begins. Technology has become the thing of the century and it’s consuming everything around us such as family time and...

The Maker Space hopes to encourage students creativity outside the classroom.

‘Making Space’ for more Creativity

Ethan Vu, ENN Staff
September 19, 2018

The library is a great place for students to wind down and get away from all their academic stress. It allows students to take a break, read a book, or catch up on their homework. However, the new addition...

Load More Stories