Eagle Nation News

What Teachers are Thankful for

Back to Article
Back to Article

What Teachers are Thankful for

Courtesy of Google Images

Courtesy of Google Images

Courtesy of Google Images

Courtesy of Google Images

Kacie Sewell, ENN Staff

While Christmas is just around the corner, your Lake Ridge teachers are filled with gratitude during this Thanksgiving holiday. From being a part of the Lake Ridge nest to going home to their spouses and kids, here are somethings they are thankful for.

Ryan Rutledge

“I’m thankful for being able to interact with a lot of people every single day. People in my house-hold, people at my job, and people in public. I just love people, and one of the main reasons why I am thankful for that is, if you really truly value people and care about people, you have to get better as a person yourself. In order to serve others and love others, you have to be humble and it makes you change and grow as a person.”

Photo Credit: Lilly Dunn

Ann Guffey

“I’m thankful for my family, my community, and my job here at Lake Ridge. I’m thankful for my job because I’ve had jobs where I haven’t worked in such an amazing place like this and I don’t know what I did to deserve to work here and I’m very grateful for it. It’s amazing I love this place. I’m thankful for my family because all I ever wanted since I was a little girl was to have a family. So how amazing is it to have a dream come true?”

Photo Credit: Lilly Dunn

Leigh Smith

“I’m thankful for a fabulous husband and a fantastic son, I’m thankful for our health, and I’m thankful for my kids this year. Not everybody has the relationship with their spouse or their kid that I get to have, and I don’t think all teachers have the relationship with their students that I have. I have a very honest relationship with my students and I hope everyday when they leave they know that I care about them.”

Trey Parker

Photo Credit: Lilly Dunn

“I’m thankful for my family because they are always there for me, they believe in me when I don’t believe in myself, and they just bring me life. Especially my kids, they definitely bring me life. I’m thankful for Jesus Christ dying on the cross for me, I don’t think I would have done that for everyone else. I’m also thankful for the students putting up with me, I know sometimes I can be difficult, but it’s all out of love, I promise.”

Photo Credit: Lilly Dunn

Mary Boyd-Long

“I’m thankful for my friends and a great job, that’s what keeps me going everyday. If I didn’t have my family, friends or my job, what would I have? There would be nothing to look forward to. I love working with my kids, I have been doing it for 20 years. It’s what I get up for every morning.”

Heather Wilson

Photo Credit: Lilly Dunn

“I’m thankful for this current generation’s compassion. Everyone rags on you guys, but you all have really big hearts, and that’s really cool. It makes y’all really cool humans. The world has been, for a really long time, filled with a lot of bad people. It’s just good to see that the next generation is positive and has a heart in what’s good in the world. I’m also thankful that everyday I can get up and walk, everyday that my child is happy and healthy, and I’m thankful I have this job. I really dig the kids at this school, they are gifts from the Lord. I’m thankful for a lot of things.” 

About the Writer
  • What Teachers are Thankful for

Features

Much ‘Moore’ to Come

• What Teachers are Thankful for

Features

The Jack of All Trades

• What Teachers are Thankful for

Highlight

Finally, Round Four!

• What Teachers are Thankful for

Lifestyle

Social Media Just Unfollowed You

• What Teachers are Thankful for

In Depth

Do You Suffer from Glossophobia?

• What Teachers are Thankful for

Features

Half a Hanukkah

• What Teachers are Thankful for

In Depth

Día de los Muertos

• What Teachers are Thankful for

Faculty Profiles

Kristi Canon: Triangulating Texas

• What Teachers are Thankful for

Student Profiles

Billy Williams: A Head Start to New Beginnings

• What Teachers are Thankful for

Features

Mending Broken Pieces

Mansfield Lake Ridge High School's Online Newspaper
What Teachers are Thankful for