76°
Mansfield Lake Ridge High School's Eagle Media Website

Eagle Media

Eagle Media

Eagle Media

Drake’s “For All The Dogs”

courtesy+of+spotify+
courtesy of spotify

With over 84.6M monthly listeners, Drake has taken over the music industry. Drake, a Hip Hop and R&B artist, released a new album on Oct 6th. The album has been met with mixed reviews from critics and listeners alike. Some call it boring while others praise Drake’s lyricism and production.

The new album has a diversity of all the different artists on the album. The muscians, like Bad Bunny and Yeat, bring a unique sound to the album making it a mix of all his old albums. Junior Kennen Miller listened to the whole track and felt that way.

“I like his new album, he incorporated everything from his past into this album,” said Miller.  

Judging from the 23 songs on this album, not too many people agree that some artists should be included in those songs. This is because many of the songs on the album are not of the artist’s caliber or do not fit into the album’s theme, which some people feel is inappropriate. Student Keana Marks feels strongly about specific artist features on the ablum. 

“One artist that should be replaced is Sexy Red. That song was trash. Absolutely trash. Replace it with anyone else. Cardi would have been better,” said Marks.

In addition to artists that fans think should not be on the album, there are some that several people will prefer because they seem to match the album’s vibe of party and heartbreak more than others. Several people think it’s important to choose artists that fit in with the overall theme of the collection. Miller has some artists in mind to add to the album.

“I would add some Lil Wayne and I would probably add Brent Faiyaz to the album,” said Miller.

Aside from artists who fans feel should not be on the album, there are also a number of songs on the album that some fans do not care about. For some people, like Leila Austin, removing some songs would make the album more appealing. 

“I didn’t like the BVL interlude because, I just didn’t think it was really necessary and I also think he might have been able to have really tapped into, like, how he used to be, like, on his old albums and stuff, like he did in the past,” said Austin.

Drake shows in his new album how much he has grown as a musician as well as a person since 2006, which is evident in the artwork and lyrics. Whenever he releases an album, he proves how much he has grown with every release he makes. Drake’s latest album is no exception, with lyrics that reflect on his journey and growth as an artist and a person. The artwork for the new album also captures the essence of his journey, with images that evoke a sense of nostalgia and reflect his evolution.  Junior Jayda Dory feels that he grown a lot.

“I feel like Drake has been he has always been a good artist and like one of his songs says he started from the bottom now we up, he is now up. Anyways, t I feel like he’s grown a lot in the new album. It shows more of his soft side and I know because he has always been like hard but like not like soft you know?” said Dory. 

Drake’s new album is an album with highs and lows, but it is still  one that many would recommend. Overall, many supporters feel like the lyrics are catchy and the production is good, making this album an enjoyable listen. Despite the different opinions on the album that have taken over social media and conversations, it is highly recommended that listeners formulate their own opinion. 

About the Contributor
Madison Sanders
Madison Sanders, ENN Staff